The Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors is accepting nominations for the 2023 Contra Costa County Youth Hall of Fame Awards.
The awards are presented annually to outstanding Contra Costa County residents between the ages of 12 and 18.
The students will be recognized at the 29th Annual Cesar E. Chávez Commemorative Celebration at 11 a.m. April 4 at the board’s chambers at 1025 Escobar Street in Martinez.
Each year during the ceremony, the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors honors a group of students as part of the Youth Hall of Fame Awards.
The awards come for exemplary behavior in five categories:
• Good Samaritan: Someone who goes out of their way to do for others without seeking recognition.
• Volunteerism: For lending a helping hand for the good of the community; Gives their time and energy to a worthy cause or organization.
• Teamwork: Someone who works unselfishly for the good of the team.
• Leadership and Civic Engagement: A natural leader who inspires others and works to make a difference in school and the community.
• Perseverance: Someone who has worked hard to overcome obstacles and achieve success.
More information and the application form to nominate youth in the community can be found on the county’s website. Completed nomination forms, received or postmarked by Feb. 17, can be uploaded to website, or email the application and a letter of recommendation to Lia Bristol.